I remember you posting earlier in the summer on the combination academic and athletic award that you had instituted at several of the schools that you were coaching at. I was very impressed with that award.

The message of the importance of academics in this topic and post of yours cannot be brought up enough. It is critical for our young wrestlers and other young athletes. I also think the emphasis on reading and developing their reading speed and comprehension is very important. It has always been critical but it may even be more critical today due to all the electronic influences in their lives.

I commend you for bring this up and I applaud the award system you set up. I urge all high school coaches to consider such award and for parents and fans such as myself to consider contributing to fund such an award for your favorite school and team.


Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions