Just a few of my concerns/questions. I will state up front that I am not a fan of the split tournament but that does not imply I couldn’t change my mind. Hopefully this discussion can be civil…….

If you are holding district and state the weeks leading up to HS state what will the other age groups do for competition for those 4 weeks (kids and HS qualifiers)? Wrestle on Sunday?
Will clubs host a “big” tournament the day after coaching qualifiers? Are we going to put more stress on coaches and their families?

Will there be clubs willing to host tournaments the day after HS regionals and state to get mat time in for the older kids? Historically there are not many large tournaments on those days.

Granted there won’t be a need for 6U state anymore but when will Elementary duals be and how will that fit into everything else happening?

Will clubs just start their season earlier in the year?

Do people think that the younger kids will stick around for practice partners/other styles or just start with soccer and baseball earlier?

Will Middle school AD’s really give in and change their season dates? What if they don’t? Is that good for growth of the sport?

The second weekend in March many facilities are already booked by that round bouncy thing. WSU, Expo, Bi-Center, Emporia, Hutch CC, KSU, FHSU, Dodge Wireless. Hartman and the Casino would be options but are there more? Or are we going to limit ourselves to Wichita?

Will we struggle for quality officials running basically 6 weeks straight of qualifiers between kids and HS?

I don’t like 6U in the state series, I sat there watching it this weekend thinking the majority of it was terrible wrestling. That’s what it’s supposed to be, kids learning the sport for the 1st time.

Do we think moving the 8 and 10’s earlier will change the participation numbers? Personally I don’t think one single 8/10 will stay in the sport because they can be wrestle state in Feb versus early Mar.

I have some other questions and concerns but this a good start to see how the body feels and get me an idea if my concerns are valid/shared or not.

Daniel Reling