Quote:
Originally posted by billy_mcjackson_ripjc:
I've almost posted on this like three times, so here it goes. I for one am all about not moderating topics without bad language and attacks that go farther than a joke. I think that this topic, although not too harmful, is a bit unfair. I don't think Stovall or anyone from Newman will post on this, so we'll never hear their side of the argument. The fact that he posted this topic in order to make people not go to Newman kind of makes it an attack on his part, making it unacceptable. His sole purpose was to hurt Newman, and since it was a blatant as it was, it's a bit wrong.
To be honest billy_mcjackson_ripjc I am a little surprised by the maturity of this post. I agree with you here very much so and your comments give me more respect for you. A serious question though is how does one determine what is kidding and what is serious?

Regarding the 1st amendment and libel or slander comments. Jim is correct in those areas but speech is limited to some extent as determined in numerous situations by the Supreme Court. I also believe that the moderators on these boards have a right to determine what is, and is not appropriate for the boards they moderate. That is not to say that mistakes aren’t made, Lord knows I have made them myself. Even then though, there are guidelines and rules that each person has to agree to when signing up to use the message boards. Individuals agree to those rules, violating them is agreement that certain posts, or posters for that matter, may be removed from the forums.